To beat the heat and save your makeup during hot, humid summer days when you have to be outside for a model photo shoot, you need to be prepared! Keep reading to see our tips and products suggestions. Note: please be sure to check allergies for any products listed.
Attention moms: read these tips for skin care over 40
Is it better to photograph at sunrise or sunset? Click here, the answer might surprise you!
Beat the heat: 30A Photographer Makeup tips for your beach family photo session.
1. Start with a clean and well-moisturized face: Use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer or a hydrating primer that suits your skin type to provide a smooth base for your makeup.
2. Use a long-lasting and waterproof foundation: Look for a foundation specifically formulated for long wear and hot weather. Make sure it's transfer-resistant and has good oil control properties to prevent your makeup from sliding off.
3. Set your foundation with powder: After applying foundation, set it with a translucent powder to control shine and make it last longer. Use a fluffy brush to dust the powder lightly over your face.
4. Opt for waterproof and smudge-proof products: Use waterproof and smudge-proof eye makeup, such as waterproof mascara and eyeliner, to prevent smudging or running due to sweat or humidity. Choose cream or liquid eyeshadows instead of powder formulas as they tend to last longer.
5. Keep your makeup light: Avoid heavy makeup as it can feel uncomfortable in the heat. Instead, go for a more natural look by using tinted moisturizers, lightweight foundations, and sheer lip colors.
6. Set your makeup with a makeup setting spray: After completing your makeup, lock it in place with a spritz of a setting spray. It helps to keep everything in place and prevents melting or fading.
7. Blotting papers: Keep blotting papers handy to absorb excess oil and sweat throughout the day. Avoid using too much powder as it can make your makeup look cakey.
8. Carry a mini fan or hand-held fan: A small portable fan can help you stay cool during breaks and prevent sweat from ruining your makeup.
9. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and to minimize the effects of the heat on your skin.
10. Take breaks and touch up if necessary: If you feel your makeup isn't holding up, take short breaks to touch up any areas that need attention. Use blotting papers to remove excess sweat or oil, reapply powder if needed, and touch up your lipstick.
30A Photographer makeup tips for Skin care over 40
If you're a woman over 40, you may start to notice changes in your skin as you age. This is because your skin produces less collagen and becomes thinner and drier, leading to fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. It's
important to take good care of your skin to maintain a youthful, healthy appearance. Here are some great skin care tips for women over 40.
30A Photographer makeup tips
1. Moisturize: As you age, your skin needs more hydration to keep it looking and feeling healthy. Use a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, which can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water and helps plump up your skin.
2. Use sunscreen: Protecting your skin from the sun is one of the most important things you can do to prevent premature aging. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, even on cloudy days.
3. Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover, which can help to improve the texture and tone of your skin. Use a gentle exfoliant once or twice a week to slough off dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin.
4. Eat a healthy diet: What you eat can have a big impact on the health of your skin. Eat a diet that's rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein to help keep your skin looking healthy and radiant.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining healthy skin. When you're sleep-deprived, your body produces more cortisol, a stress hormone that can damage your skin and lead to premature aging.
6. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is important for keeping your skin hydrated and healthy. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day, and try to limit your intake of caffeine and alcohol, which can dehydrate your skin.
7. Use anti-aging products: Look for products that contain retinoids, peptides, and antioxidants, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protect your skin from environmental damage.
Taking care of your skin is important at any age, but it becomes even more crucial as you get older. By following these tips, you can help to keep your skin looking healthy, youthful, and radiant well into your 40s and beyond.
Remember to take care of your skin and allow it to breathe when you have the opportunity. Enjoy the photoshoot and stay cool!
The weather and temperature conditions during sunrise and sunset can vary depending on the location and season. However, as a general rule, sunrise sessions tend to be cooler than sunset sessions. This is because the temperatures are generally lower in the early morning, particularly during the summer months. Additionally, the humidity levels are often lower in the morning, which can make it feel more comfortable. Therefore, if you prefer cooler conditions for your emerald coast family photo session, booking at sunrise would be a good choice. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE >>>